Monday, September 27, 2010

Disk defragmentation tool

Last weekend I was preparing to defragment my computer's harddisk. I first tried the tool that comes with Windows Vista, and found that it does not show the animated progress status anymore. That means I can't see how much the harddisk is fragmented and what is the analysis anymore and I don't feel comfortable with that.

I then searched for a 3rd party tool that would serve my need and found the Auslogics Disk Defrag. Downloaded and installed it. Tried it and it works fine! And I actually find that it works quite fast.
So if you are looking for a defragmentation tool, you may want to take a look at this one at:

It is one of the free tool provided by Auslogics. They also have other utility programs such as for finding duplicate files on your system, clean up the registry, and for recovery. Some are available for free and some needs to be purchase.

No comments: